LandAid and VU.CITY Team Up to Help Young Homeless in London
Back in January 2018, VU.CITY, who produce highly accurate interactive 3D city models combined a social focus with their efforts to curate models of the future city skylines.
Teaming up with LandAid, a charity who aim to end youth homelessness, they agreed to donate to the cause for every model received to promote the donation of schemes to the platform.
With the help of over 100 architecture practices this year, VU.CITY is now showcasing more than 500 consented schemes in their interactive cities platform and have raised a generous £8,650 for the charity. You can now see VU.CITY on display at the NLA Exhibition Centre on Store Street in London.
VU.CITY is a 3D Model tool that has been developed to help Local Planners, Architects and Developers design and plan cities in a more informed way. London is their largest model, covering 800 sq km of the city, with Belfast, Manchester, Birmingham, Brighton and Oxford also available to licence.
How can I help the homeless this winter?
If you would like to do a little something to help the homeless this year, below are some of LandAid’s fantastic recommendations:
- Tell Streetlink – download the app to report when you see someone sleeping rough
- Buy a few basics for them; a hot soup, coffee, sandwich or even a toothbrush and toothpaste will be greatly appreciated
- Acknowledge them, and stop for a chat when you have some time
- Contact your local homeless shelter to volunteer – the local causes are always in need of assistance
Join our Newsletter
Get our best content on Architecture, Creative Strategies and Business. Delivered each week for free.
- 9 Stage Studio Growth Roadmap
- Library of In-Depth Courses
- Checklists and Workbooks
- Quick Tips and Tutorials
- A Supportive Online Community