Director of Design & Architecture
Vancouver, British Columbia
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Design and Architecture
We have an excellent opportunity for a talented and experienced Senior Architect/Designer who is looking for their next step in their career to join a growing and developing firm as the Director of Architecture & Design.
Our client is a leader in the design and development of recreational and leisure facilities both in the commercial and entertainment space. With projects developing international they have developed and excellent reputation in the industry and have become leaders in their designs winning awards and creating innovative designs globally. Their Executive Leadership Team has an incredible amount of experience and works to support their team locally and globally. With a focus on flexibility, fun and collaboration the company has become one of the top firms for culture development and has an excellent focus on innovative ways to allow their employees to work at their highest potential.
The Director of Architecture & Design will be a leader for the office and will focus on mentoring, collaborating and working with all members of the Design Team. There will be a strong focus on taking projects from inception to completion and working at a high level to make sure that projects are finished on time and on budget. In addition, the role of the Director of Architecture & Design will be the face of the company working directly with clients and stakeholders in the projects and will maintain and develop these relationships further. This individual will have an excellent background in project management and will have the ability to lead a team throughout the challenging components of the projects. The success of this role will focus on the communication and deliverables that the Director of Architecture & Design outlines throughout project phases within the Design Team and will identify the strengths of each team member to mentor and guide the team through each project.
This is an excellent position for a Senior Architect/Designer who is looking for a leadership position with opportunity to develop their management skills, be a part of the Executive Leadership Team and work as the face of the company to develop further clients and maintain relationships with stakeholders invested in the projects the firm develops.
This candidate will have the following aspects;
- B. Architecture/Landscape Architecture/Master’s in Architecture/Landscape Architecture
- AIBC/RAIC Registered an asset
- 5+ years’ experience as a Principal/Senior Associate/Architect/Landscape Architect or Director with a design firm or developer
- 15+ years’ experience in the Architecture/Landscape Architecture industry
- Excellent experience in the Entertainment, Amusement, Leisure or Recreational industry
- Experience with business development strategies and passion to build and grow a team
- Excellent skill set with conceptualization, project management and client relations
- Portfolio of projects and designs either locally or internationally within the industries identified above
- Experience working with technical programs like Vectorworks, AuotCAD, and REVIT
- Detailed approach to project management with an entrepreneurial mindset in developing a team and leading projects forward through to completion
- High energy, innovative thinking and a dynamic approach to design and planning a must
- Passion for design and architecture with a strong leadership approach to execute a team mentality
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Please apply directly if you believe you are the right candidate.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.talentsphere.ca.